..." When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful you are and how great your affections are for me..."

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Joy of the Lord is my strength!!

“There's a raging sea 
Katie, Lee Anne, and Heather, going for a walk!
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise
If You want them to 
I will follow You
I will follow You
I will follow You
I will swim in the deep
'Cuz You'll be next to me
You're in the eye of the storm
And the calm of the sea
You're never out of reach
God, You know where I've been
You were there with me then
This is the street right in front of our house, you can see
some shops in the background, where we get our veggies!
You were faithful before
You'll be faithful again
I'm holding Your hand.”
I have seriously had this song stuck in my head all week and feel like it pretty much sums up my thoughts right now. I will admit that teaching has its challenges and that I have felt overwhelmed with the work, at times this week. At the same time, I have also been overwhelmed with the nearness of God! He really has blessed me, by putting me in an environment with amazing people, who are all very encouraging. We have also been invited to a bible study at a South African compound. It is wonderful to be among South Africans again, but even more to have the fellowship of other believers. I also have found a church that I will hopefully be able to attend regularly.
It really is so much fun teaching in a international school. Out of my 21 students they have all traveled internationally and as a class represent 9 different countries. These first couple of weeks we are studying different culture’s: food, clothing and housing. I am having a lot of fun having them bring in things that represent their different cultures.
Two of my students Monica and Lily. Monica (the one in
the middle) is the one who lost her hair in class.
Kyle, throwing away a dead rat for us!
The funny moment in the classroom this week, was when one of my students, Monica began to lose her hair. Now most of my African students have fake braids braided into their real hair, so it looks completely natural, until they all start coming out in  class! I turn around and Enbong is using one strand as a mustache, Rida has some strands for a headband and Mridul is just staring at another strand. As I am trying to figure out where all this hair is coming from, one of the students shouts “Monica your hair is falling out!!” Sure enough she had only a half head of hair left. So needless to say, throughout the rest of the day I was continually returning to the group to make sure they weren’t playing with more of Monica’s hair. They really are a great group of kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment