..." When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful you are and how great your affections are for me..."

Wednesday, August 24, 2011


         So I have finally given in and decided to join the world of blogs. I have to say that I have put off blogging because frankly, I wasn’t sure I would keep up with it. However, with my new move to Nigeria I feel that this may be one of the best ways to keep up with people. 
Well, as most of you know I have signed a two year contract to teach 2nd grade in Ibadan, Nigeria. I leave this Friday the 26th from Nashville where I will fly to Atlanta. In Atlanta I will meet up with two other American teachers and the three of us will hop on a 12 hour flight to Lagos Nigeria. From here we will take a two hour drive to our new home in Ibadan. We should be arriving sometime Saturday afternoon.  
For the mean time though, I am trying to finish packing and just enjoying my time at home in TN for a little while. Well, actually I have been here for three whole weeks, which is longer than I have been home since who knows when! Surprisingly, we also had one weekend when we were all home and we even managed to fit in some family pics.
I know, my family is great :) It will be sad to leave, but exciting to see what God has in store for me. That being said I really appreciate everyone who is and has been praying for me as I start out on this new adventure. Currently, I would really like prayer for:
  • the trip over for me and those traveling with me.
  • the ability to adapt to my new surroundings
  •         wisdom on setting up and preparing my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment